The pricesin the Loney Planet make the accommodation on long beach sound like a steal - but the reality is that all the places we looked at were at least double what was written down. It was supposed to be high season...but still.
- Location: 5/5 - right on the beach...amazing. This hotel is also at the end of a long stretch of this beach so you don't get too many passers by. We were really lucky and our bungalow was right on the front. So you open the door take one step and you're on the beach!
- Cleanliness: 1/5 - I only put up with this cos it was such a great location. The towels would never be changed unless you ask them. And the place never got swept out for the week we were there - but they do give you a broom! We had to beg someone to come clean out the lizzard pooh from the room.
- Room: 4/5 - basic for the price but nice. Its a thatched bungalow which looks great but not ideal when the heavy rain comes down at night and soaks thru the thatch onto the bed....and no hot water.
- Food: 4/5 - ideal for breakfast and an ok selection for dinner. We tried many other places and actually the food at the hotel was just as good if not better most times! Plus the beer is cheaper than most other places. The restaurant is on the beach with a great view of sunset.
- Service: 3/5 - friendly people here. Accommodating with arrangements for trips and transport.
- Price: 2/5 - $20 a night blew the budget - but what the hell...the location truly makes up for it....