Tucked away down a side street off the promenade, this hotel is very popular with backpackers...how do I know this? Cos you can see loads of white people with backpacks hanging around outside!
- Location: 4/5 - close for all the shops and the market and the promenade. Only far away when you are cycling in with a strong headwind slowing you down to 12kph.
- Cleanliness: 3/5 - lonely planet says this hotel is "very clean." well its ok but there was a grotty scrubbing brush in our sink and with all the redecorating work they are doing the stairs and corridors are cramped with tubs of paint etc etc.
- Room: 3/5 - Basic but functional. Room has a bed, fan and really sheer curtains to let in all the light. View from the window isn't so nice but for $5 that's no surprise!
- Food: 4/5 good food at a good price and cheep beer. Would have given it 5 but for the tank of snakes staring at me as I ate....
- Service: 5/5 - friendly helpful people.
- Price: 5/5 - can't complain about much for $5!